BUS1905
Please log on to join the discussions Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BUS1905
Please log on to join the discussions Smile
BUS1905
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BUS1905

Small Project Management

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team Name: Dr.Badge

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Team Name: Dr.Badge Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi guys, it's a bit late to introduce ourselves, we are the Dr.Badge team!

Team Member:
Taylor
Oliver
Cindy
Shayon

Last edited by ShayonJiang on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

2Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Product Logo Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:04 pm

I tried to combine our team name as well as the concept of badge design together
(referenced in the round shape), also the slogan --- "A Portable Style."

Black n white looks cool.

Hope you like it Smile

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

3Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Researching ... Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Well, we are definitely going for the badge for our project, yet I'm still trying to
figure out the kind of badge we design n how we make them into a product to sell.

***Add "www" for the following links.***

A bit of about badge's past:

badgecollectorscircle.co.uk/history#1980-1984

Our design product, badge, is a fashion accessory. Badges are commonly made of metal, plastic, leather, textile, rubber, and they are normally attached to clothing(in front of chest / hat / belt) or bags.

Some examples of metal/plastic badges(most common):

And they sell devices to make these metal badges in market.
The good ones cost up to 1K (badge-a-minit.com.au/australian_made), and the cheap ones are made in US (badgeaminit.com/handpresskits.html).

There are plenty of resources online to demonstrate how to use these devices:

youtube.com/watch?v=HeZBVy0h27E
youtube.com/watch?v=RuL8e2Y1DKI

Another major type of badges is the textile badges. They are either woven or embroidered, and can be attached by gluing, ironing-on, sewing or applique.
Examples:

For me, textile badges are more like fabric buttons on clothing, just that they are bigger in size so that they can also be used as badges.

I'm actually more interested to make textile badges, it'll be more fun.

Tutorial for making textile badge/fabric covered button:

craftcritique.com/2011/06/vendor-spotlight-giveaway-alex-crafts.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v1z0eFTvla0

4Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Comments Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:45 pm

I love the look of the latest Dr Badger logo (not posted here yet, but Taylor's shown me the design). It's good that you're posting pictures and inspirational material, but please also post your draft scope document so we can check it before you upload to JIVI.

5Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Hellloooo Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Yeah i tried to make a post recently however, i was receiving an error, which Veronica was trying to fix.
Yes i did make a logo aswell, can show you guys next class. I also made some badge designs (posted Below)
The top left 4 are 2 of Cindy's designs which i re-did on the Computer

6Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Logo Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:04 am

This is the logo i designed. I don't really care which one we use, they are both fine.

Each team member is going to be creating a number designs for Badges, most of which will revolve around cute, cheeky and comedic designs.

Our targeted market will be students and young adults resaulting in us selling mostly around AIT.
Once multiple designs are created the top picked designs will be chosen to be used as our primary badge designs.

Once we have our design we will send them to an external business that prints badges, such as the zazzle website.

Prices vary but most companies print cost ranges from around $100 for 80-100 badges. We aim to make a profit of the badges and plan to sell them at a cost price
of $3 for a badge and 2 for $5

Once all badge designs are made we plan to do a student survey to see what designs are the most popular.

Badges are easy and simple to make, and are good to sell as they are cheap for the buyer (perfect for students).

After finishing the design and product, we will ask for permission to promote the event around the college.

7Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Alright Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Since our designs gonna be about "cute, cheeky and comedic", I reckon we should use Taylor's logo.
Itself actually is a good badge design Very Happy

Just checked out zazzle.com, it's pretty good that they use 100% recycled paper for the badges. Could mention this as one of our selling point.

They don't have minimum order, which is nice, but we still follow the rule “the more we order the less we pay”.
Yet I don't suggest order too many for one design.

The price on zazzle is :
Round''
Small: 3.2cm round - $2.20 ea
Standard: 5.7cm round - $3.70 ea

10-49 17% off
50-99 29% off
100+ 36% off

Since our target market is people around AIT(small group of ppl within a small area), it's better to include more designs(5~10 designs within 100 badges in total).

Thus, I reckon each of us should have at least 2 designs(color change doesn't count). Now we've got 4 ppl in our team, so at least we have 8 designs to pick from.

Anyway I'll come up with more designs n post them here.

Keep up with the good work guys Very Happy

Last edited by ShayonJiang on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

8Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty badget's design Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:30 pm

Hey guys, first time post it here. This is my designs of badgets.

9Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Comments Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:37 am

taylor2144 wrote:This is the logo i designed. I don't really care which one we use, they are both fine.

Each team member is going to be creating a number designs for Badges, most of which will revolve around cute, cheeky and comedic designs. (How many designs? How many do you want to end up with altogether? Are they going to be sketchy or psychedelic or cartoonish i.e. what's the style of the badges?)

Our targeted market will be students and young adults resaulting in us selling mostly around AIT.
Once multiple designs are created the top picked designs will be chosen to be used as our primary badge designs. (How will top designs be chosen? A group vote? Or will you do a survey amongst AIT students? Or maybe just ask your friends?)

Once we have our design we will send them to an external business that prints badges, such as the zazzle website. (You should have already picked the supplier by this stage. If you are using zazzle, make sure you state this clearly - no 'such as' or 'maybes')

Prices vary but most companies print cost ranges from around $100 for 80-100 badges. We aim to make a profit of the badges and plan to sell them at a cost price
of $3 for a badge and 2 for $5. (How much profit are you aiming to make exactly?)

Once all badge designs are made we plan to do a student survey to see what designs are the most popular. (what kind of questions will the survey include? You can draw up a sample survey and include it in the appendix of this document)

Badges are easy and simple to make, and are good to sell as they are cheap for the buyer (perfect for students). (What makes them easy to make? Are you making them or is your supplier?)

After finishing the design and product, we will ask for permission to promote the event around the college. (HOW will you promote it? Posters? Word of mouth? Online?)

The designs are looking great! Just have a look at some of the comments I've put here and try to be a little more specific with the scope statement.

10Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Badge Design Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi guys, here are 2 of my designs (with bleeds).

Both purely ORIGINAL Cool

Also, I found this guy that does badges at really low price, will tell you guys about it in class Very Happy

11Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Re: Team Name: Dr.Badge Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:35 am

Each team member is going to be creating a number designs for Badges, most of which will revolve around cute, cheeky and comedic designs. We will have 8 designs, 2 from each team member. We plan to end up with 80 badges, 40 include pins and the other 40 on key chains. our badge designs will range from cartoonish to abstract.

Once multiple designs are created the top picked designs will be chosen to be used as our primary badge designs. our designs were group voted.

Our Supplier is Yuyan Idea, a Chinese manufacturing company.

Prices are 30 for 80 badges. We aim to make a profit of the badges and plan to sell them at a cost price of $3 for a badge and 2 for $5. Our profit will be approximately $120.

Once all badge designs are made we plan to do a student survey to see what designs are the most popular. We will have a tally to tick off the most popular designs.

Badges are easy and simple to make, and are good to sell as they are cheap for the buyer (perfect for students). We will design the badges and send them to our supplier to manufacture

After finishing the design and product, we will ask for permission to promote the event around the college. We will design some posters to hang around AIT which show some designs and where we are selling our products.

12Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty new designs Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 am

This is the new design of each members' name, hope u all like it.

13Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Ordering Stage Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 am

Right, since we've got enough designs now, it's time for orders.

Guys, please modify ur designs to suit following formats:

Color mode: CMYK (to minimize the possible color change when print)
File format: jpg / tiff / png
Resolution: 300dpi
Image size: 75mm * 75mm
Bleed: 5mm
Bleed area will be pressed to side & back of badges.

And send them to my email account:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Once I receive all, I'll process the ordering.

Start rolling! Cool

14Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty format Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:03 am

i send you the email of my formatting badges can you check, thank you!!

15Team Name: Dr.Badge Empty Update Thu May 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Order:
Date ordered: 9th May
Expense: AUD$ 40
Badges ordered: 50
Mirror key rings ordered: 30
Received date(in China): 12th May
Received date(in Sydney): 22th May

Final designs in order:

Promotional poster: