BUS1905
Please log on to join the discussions Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BUS1905
Please log on to join the discussions Smile
BUS1905
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BUS1905

Small Project Management

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project: Selling Hot Chocolates!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:29 pm

Project Statement
The Team:
Our team name is Charlie’s Angel to represent our three beautiful Angles in our team. Our team are suited for this project because we confident, that we can do the project and sell our product to the public. Our team is suited for this project because one of our members has been learning barista, and this will be our advantage to choose this project. Furthermore, simplicity and convenience will be one of our project reasons.
Our team members are:
 Ronald Toenroe – Project Manager and Accountant
 Anca Panait – Sales and Marketing
 Jenny Zhu – Sales and Marketing
 Crystal Dou – Barista and Art Director

The Project:
We are planning to open a coffee stand, which is located in AIT premises. The reasons for us to open a coffee stand because we want to provide services for AIT staffs and students. We believe by opening the coffee stand at AIT, we could help the staffs and students to save their time and money. We provide high quality products and services to our customer, as same as other coffee shops. By creating this project, we will learn a great deal of business experience which we can use sometime in the future.
We will open coffee stand at the AIT’s student lounge to start our business venture. We create a simple business venture which we are providing hot beverages to the staffs and students. We only sell two types of beverages, Coffee and Hot Chocolate. We will sell high quality coffee and cocoa.
We choose this project because we believe, it is good starting point for us to learn how business is working nowadays. This project is focusing to two products that we sale, and simplicity will be the best way for us to learn business for the first time. Our plan is selling the product in month of September, Spring Season, which we believe chilly weather will affect the customer to purchase our products.
The reason of this project will work because we figures in spring’s time, the students and staffs of AIT would like to drink something hot to warm up their days of study and work. We confident about this project will run well because of weather, save time and money for the students and staffs. All of these will make us different from other similar project because we will create attractive marketing tools to lure the customer to purchase by giving low price and convenience.

The Target Audience:
The product will be selling for staffs and students of AIT, which we will get permission from AIT itself. Our target customers will be 18-60 years old that love to drink coffee, and for the people who love chocolate we will give them the chance to tastes our product. The cost of coffee will be AU$2.00, and Hot chocolate will be AU$1.50, the prices are set by us, which is affordable for most of the students and staffs. We create inexpensive products in order to compete with other coffee shop near the campus.
Our customers are looking for great products and convenience that we provide it with great services for them. Their expectations from our product will be fast and inexpensive. The coffee culture is part of our culture nowadays.

Our plan is to create the poster of our product one week before opening day to create the buzz between students and staffs. Furthermore, we will create special opening day’s price by giving the first 10 people coupons, Buy One Get One Free. This marketing tool hopefully will attract people to come see us and purchase our products. We choose AIT premises because location is really important for business to run. AIT’s student lounge is the place where a lot of students eat and drink, and it is the best place for us to do our project by selling our products to the students and staffs.

The Deliverables:
Start date: 21/07/2010 - End date: 20/09/2010

Aimed Budget: 66.50

Aimed product quality: High Quality

Aimed quantity of product sold: 15 cups for the first day and double after that

Aimed price for each product:
Coffee: 2.00 Hot chocolate: 1.50

Aimed profit gained from each product: $0.50

Aimed Total Profit: $56.25

How Many days of selling: 2-4days/week, for 2weeks

2Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Timeline Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty project LOGO Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:35 pm

Razz Razz Razz

4Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Feedback Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 am

Veronica

Veronica
Admin

Our team are suited for this project because we confident, that we can do the project and sell our product to the public

Maybe should think about, experience, or interest instead of being confident about doing the project. Imagine if you are pitching your idea to a sponsor
will they be choosing between a confident group, or and interested group?

explain WHY you are confident or interested? If you are confident maybe you make best tea in the world?

The reasons for us to open a coffee stand because You don't need this

We provide high quality products How do you deem your self high quality? how do you know? how do you prove it? why is it high quality? where did you get it from?, where is it used?

We will open coffee stand repetitive at the AIT’s student lounge to start our business venture. We create a simple business venture which we will provide hot beverages to the staffs and students. We only sell two types of beverages, Coffee and Hot Chocolate. We will sell high quality coffee and cocoa.

We choose this project because we believe, it is good starting point for us to learn how business is working nowadays. This project is focusing to two products that we sale grammatical mistake? , and simplicity will be the best way for us to learn business for the first time.

how do you deem simplicity, what is simple? explain or give example in appendix about SIMPLE

Our plan is selling the product in month of September, Spring Season, which we believe chilly weather will affect the customer to purchase our products.

affect, is bad, choose better explanation

The reason of this project will work because we figures in spring’s time, the students and staffs of AIT would like to drink something hot to warm up their days of study and work.

We confident about this project will run well because of weather, save time and money for the students and staffs.
repetitive

All of these will make us different from other similar project
e.g. who are they? Gloria jeans? Star Buks?
because we will create attractive marketing tools e.g. what?to lure the customer to purchase by giving low price example of price lowering strategyand convenience.

The Target Audience:
The product will be selling for staffs and students of AIT, which we will get permission from AIT itself. Our target customers will be 18-60 years do you know anybody around 50 + years old? old that love to drink coffee,

and for the people who love chocolate we will give them the chance to tastes our product. The cost of coffee will be AU$2.00, and Hot chocolate will be AU$1.50, the prices are set by us, sizes of cup? show example in appendix

which is affordable for most of the students and staffs. We create inexpensive products in order to compete with other coffee shop near the campus. or in campus

Our customers are looking for great products and convenience that we provide it with great services for them. how do you know? survey? include in appendix

Their expectations from our product will be fast and inexpensive. The coffee culture is part of our culture nowadays. this statement must be backed up by referencing from internet or survey, where did you get this from? how did you know?

Our plan is to create the poster of our product one week before opening day to create the buzz between students and staffs.
a little too late now, other teams have already caused a buzz Very Happy

We choose AIT premises because location is really important for business to run. what business?

http://bus1905.omgforum.net

wow!!today is really a wonderful day!i found it was really interesting to do our own small business--sell coffee&hot chocolate.

The job what i need to do is sell coffee&hot chocolate,carry hot water,warm milk,collect money and to do some detailing things.

We totally sell 14cups coffee and hot chocolate,each cup cost $1(promotion),so we earned $14 today.

The most important thing is customers who bought them all said it tasted very good:)

looking forward next day:)

6Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Great Start Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:15 am

Today we sold 17 cups that 3 cups are free coupons that we provided for the customers. The expected sales are beyond that we expected because we all predicted to sale 10 cups per week. We had beat our own prediction. The shop had some obstacle because we don't have enough milk and cups. Furthermore, We provide 4 cups bad hot chocolates to the customers (SORRYY!!) We try to find that customers and make it up for our mistakes if possible. Also, the place to sale is too small for our groups because there are many students trying to do the sales and have lunch as well.

On the other hand, we have been work as a team very well by helping each others.

Job divider:
Ronald - Cashier and Barista (help Crystal to prepare hot water and milk)
Crystal - Barista (Coffee Makers and Hot Chocolate)
Jenny and Anca - Sales Persons (They sold 14 cups!!!!)

Today, my work was to help Crystal to prepare the hot milk and hot water. At the mean time, I also collect the money from the customers with the help team members. I also ran to the convenient store to bought the milk.

By the end of it, We work very well as a team!!!
WELL DONE FOR TODAY!!!!!!!!!!! cheers bounce Very Happy

7Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Looking forward! Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:17 am

01/09 First day, great start.

Today is our first selling day, I was surprise that we sold 17 cups today.

Because it's the first day, it's a bit slow when I making the coffee and hot chocolate for the customers. The biggest problem for today is ....we over burn the milk.......after I realize that I already sold 4cups with the bad milk...
Neutral Neutral No (Hopeful we can find that four customer to make it up)
another problem is we not really organized. Tomorrow we gonna come to student lounge earlier to prepare and separate the job.

anyway~~~~~~~it's our first day~~I'm happy with the results. Smile

For tomorrow~

As the art director in our team,

I gonna design another 5 coupons
and a order form special for the teachers and the staffs in AIT.

For our poster, cos we got a new idea today (add Mocha to our menu, thx to Carl) Razz So I gonna redesign the poster, also put the price on the poster. Arrow
Very Happy Very Happy Razz

8Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Thursday Sale Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:14 am

Thursday, We started early than Wednesday for 30 minutes. Furthermore. we added our new line of products with Mocha as we planned on Wednesday from Carl's suggestion. For Thursday, We sold 3 coffees, 14 Hot Chocolates, 1 Free coupon Hot Chocolates, and 1 Mocha. Our sales were $27.50 with $1.10 tips.

It was surprising Second days of our sales. We have been beated our predicted sales by over 20 cups for this week alone. We hope we could keep and do better for next week.

Obstacles for the day are
1. We have competition from other team which sale same products as we are. Because of that the customers have a split decisions to buy coffee and Hot chocolates. P.S.: We could have do better if the team sale on different day or time. We did not know if other team will sale at the same day as ours. However, the outcome was not bad at all for both team. That's good news. Laughing

2. We were facing the same problems as Wednesday sale, Burn Milk. We had to waste about 1 liter of milk because we burn the milk in the kettle. We were using microwave to solve the problem.

Duty:
Ronald - cashier, barista (Help Crystal)
Crystal - Barista (Coffee makers)
Anca and Jenny - Sales

my performance was preparing the shop for sale and help Crystal to warm the milk up. Also, I collect the money.

Next monday Plan:

We are planning to sale coffee at early morning to provide service for the staff. Also, we will sale at the lunch break.

We are looking forward for another great sales. Laughing cheers bounce

9Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Wednesday&Thursday Sales Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:25 pm

We started Wednesday our selling coffees project - the practical part.
First day was a special one, for several reasons: we had a discounted price (1$ for coffees and hot chocolate) and also because we faced few unexpected problems: the rhythm of taking orders didn't synchronize with getting the coffees/hot chocolates ready for our customers.
Also, we had problems with warming up the milk, which got burned! affraid
But we succeeded to manage all this problems pretty good, so at the end we sold around 15 cups of coffee/hot chocolate.

I have to mention the glorious ending of our first sale day with the surprise my friends prepared for my B-Day, for which I have to thank them one more time! flower

Thursday, we started much more confident than the other day. We already discussed the problems we had, found solutions, split responsibilities, so all we had to do was to apply what we planned. I can't say everything was perfect, but we improved a lot: we had our own table where we prepared the coffee, the timing between taking orders/delivering drinks was much better, we still had some problems with the burned milk, but overall we improved a lot.

We got very good feed-back from our clients, who loved especially the hot chocolate (and that's because we're using a special technique of preparing it and we have an ingredient that adds extra flavour).

Overall, we sold around 18 cups, but considering that in the same day another team (from another class) sold the same products (coffee/hot chocolate), at the same hour and the same place, we were satisfied with our result.
afro sunny

10Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Thursday Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Our second selling day Very Happy

what a busy day on Thursday!

we got a competitor today... and they got coffee machine, and good coffee bean...but our price is cheaper, so we didn't loose lots of customer, and thx for lots of our friends who bought our coffee and hot chocolate.

the milk problem happened again, we bought a new electronic kettle, and try to use that to warm the milk, but the temperature is too high, the milk burned again, so we just use microwave to heat the milk and than put it into the kettle to keep it warm.

coz the lunch break is only 30mins, we didnt sell a lot to the teachers and staff.

for the next week, we gonna also sell on Monday morning, before the classes start, hope we can sell well to the teachers.

11Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty well done!-tuesday Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:54 am

Tuesday is our forth time to sell coffee&hot chocolate&mocha.we sold 23cups on tuesday,earned $31.50.
we had some problems when selling hot chocolate-the microwave didn't work because overused of electrisity.we have to heat milk to make hot chocolate,if microwave doesn't work,it's a disaster for us.
But anyway,it's a funny day,we earned money,and also covered the cost.

12Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Monday-the best day Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:59 am

Monday we sell $33.85,what a wonderful day:)i try go to office to ask teacher come and buy coffee&hot chocolate,and yes it's really a good idea for selling:)

13Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Monday sale Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 am

Another great day for our project, we broke another expectation sales for $32.50 plus tips. We have been improving our quality of the products by adding extra ingredients, dark chocolate in the hot chocolate to have better taste.

My work for Monday was preparing the table and milk for our hot chocolate. I shopped 6 box of 2 liters milk and whipped cream on Saturday to add our inventory. I help Crystal to prepare the orders by warming up the milk, preparing for the cups,etc.

Our obstacle was to warm up the milk takes time because there were many students were trying to warm up their meals as well.

14Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty tuesday sale Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:12 am

Our sales for Tuesday was $30.50 for 21 cups. There were problems when all the microwaves were down because no electricity. the cause of that was one of other groups try to use for their frying machine in order to sale their chips. For a moment, 20 minutes or so, we could not sale any product because we need the microwave to heat up the milk. We can not use the kettle because we knew it would have burn the milk. After the electricity back on, we started sale again and luckily we could recoup our sales. we were started to sale 12:30 PM. at that time, Jenny and I who did the sale and coffee makers because we have to wait Crystal and Anca to finish their classes at 01:00 PM. My work was making coffees and Hot chocolates until 01:00 PM then I started to help Crystal to warm up the milks. Jenny were selling started from 12:30 PM and 01:00PM Anca joint to help Jenny sell the products.

Another Great Sale Day Very Happy bounce cheers

15Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Tursday Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:21 am

today We sold 3 coffees, 14 Hot Chocolates, 1 Free coupon Hot Chocolates, and 1 Mocha. ,$27.50.with tips $1.10
strong competition from other team which sale same products as we are.And also we burn the milk again.
my performance is sale coffee/hot chocolate and do some promotions as well.

16Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Monday sales Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:51 am

After having the previous week experience, Monday sales went so much better!
Mainly, I took orders and delivered the coffees and cashed the money. I also helped with setting up the table.
We decided to warm up the milk using just the microwaves, because we had again tiny problems with the burning milk.
We sold only for the lunch break, to students and staff.

17Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Tuesday Sales Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:01 am

Tuesday, Crystal and I had classes until 1PM, but our team decided to begin selling earlier and we to join them after we finish.
We did so and when we arrived, the other two team members already had sold several cups.
I was responsible with finding customers, taking orders, delivering them.
We had some unexpected problems again. This time, the electricity turned off for the microwaves and we couldn't use them to warm up milk for 15-20 minutes.
But then everything was alright and we sold more than we thought we would. We was very happy to see people that bought before our hot chocolate/coffee came again, saying we're doing a great job and our hot chocolate is very good!
Some of our clients also said we sell under price for the quality of our products, but we didn't want to change the price, because we started with a price and it wouldn't have been a good marketing strategy to change the price at the end of the project.

Basketball Basketball

18Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Last day of selling - Friday Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 am

Today it was a special day, because we had discounted prices. Also, at the end of the selling, we gave for free the last cups.
I tried again to find customers, and help with the setting up.
It was a fun day, being at the end of our project. We didn't have anymore problems, everything went pretty smooth.
I'm glad I was part of this project and I have many thanks to address to my colleagues, and also to our customers who enjoyed the coffees/hot chocolate!
Thank you all! cheers flower

19Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty final sell-friday! Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:24 pm

today is the final day for selling,we just want to sell all of the coffee and hot chocolate,but out of our expect,we just sold 6cups:( $7.50.(3persons paid$1.50 for each cup and 3persons paid $1.00 for each cup).

at the beginning,i tried to promote in the office,and told students today is the final day so that we'll lower the price,but it looked not that effective as i expected.and we have a competitor today--another group sold milk-tea at the same time.today the temperature is a little bit high,so hot drinks looked not that popular as the cold ones.
as the time closer to finish selling,we decided to sell at reduced prices--from $1.50 to $1.00.we sold 3 cups after reduced the prices.

after 1:25pm(5mins before the class began),we decided to gave the drinks free for customers,it attracted few people came to get one.

All in all,although the final day earned not as much as before,it still made me felt exciting and satisfy:)It's really a very good experience for all of us.

Well done everyone!And i love u all.

20Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty Jenny's Cafe Clossing day Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:57 pm

Our little shop has been running pretty smoothly, with a little dissapointment for our final day sale. Unfortunately, there are only several students who would like to have our products. we had sold for 7 cups, which was a lot less that we were hoping for. pale

Job division:
Ronald - Help Crystal to prepare the product and collect the money.

Crystal - Preparing the customer orders

Jenny and Anca - Marketing and sales persons.

We do not have any obstacle for the day. it was run pretty smoothly.

21Project: Selling Hot Chocolates! Empty pictures during the days Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum