BUS1905
Please log on to join the discussions Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BUS1905
Please log on to join the discussions Smile
BUS1905
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BUS1905

Small Project Management

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project : Note Books

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Project : Note Books Empty Project : Note Books Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:30 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

Chibi Cake consists of members:

Joshua Dickinson (4219)
Linh Sham (4344)
Bank (4421)

and here's our logo! \( ^0^)/

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by joshua.dickinson on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://jd-original.blogspot.com/

2Project : Note Books Empty Chibi Cake Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:51 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

we are making notebooks ^_^

3Project : Note Books Empty Chibi Cake Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:17 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

We have changed our logo since the uploading of the last one.

CHIBI CAKE - WE LOVE CAKE.

4Project : Note Books Empty Rough scope statement, Unfinished Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:54 pm

beloved69

beloved69

Cause: (not gonna put this title in) Very Happy

Many people around the world suffer every day, from poverty. Penury occurs nearly all over the world, penury or called Poverty refers to the one who lacks basic human needs which includes clean and fresh water, nutrition, health care, education, clothing and shelter. The cause of this project is to offer a lending hand to those in needs and to raise a profit in order to lend a hand in the world.

Key Limits (not the title) Laughing

During the process of creating the designs and doing the project, members tend to drift aside and just delay the the whole project down. Time plays the most crucial part in the project, without knowing the time limits, team members can drift off. Meeting up with team members are helpful towards the project and are able to accomplish many goals needed to be done. Money, are the essential towards the project, team members need to know their budgets and use a reasonable amount to be able to buy enough supplies or even to profit from the project.

Exclusion: (not the title)

Notebooks especially with binding rings can be dangerous towards younger children's and babies,they will be considered harmful towards children under the after of 8 and more likely to be suitable for ages 8-25 because of its designs, its not entirely suitable for parents or elderly people due to its design but many different people have different types of taste, so maybe an elder person can find interest in them.
Notebooks are only roughly $1-4 dollars so there wont be any warranty for them even if they are damaged and are not refundable at any circumstances.

5Project : Note Books Empty Rough design!! Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:01 pm

beloved69

beloved69

Soo cute <3 5 colours should be more than enoughh! Pink, blue, purple (i know black and white isnt a colour but in photoshop, its considered to be) black and white ![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

6Project : Note Books Empty Design 01 changing Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

The stages of our design... being designed!

7Project : Note Books Empty Notebooks!! Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:21 pm

beloved69

beloved69

Awesome different types of books, Bank found them ! Cool

8Project : Note Books Empty Draft Scope Statement Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

What we are going to produce as our product is a bunch of notebooks with options of various designs (designed by our team) on the covers of the books. We are going to preferably look for lined notebooks with about 100+ pages, recycled paper and A4 sized or possibly even a variety of sizes and styles.

We are seeking to sell our notebook designs to our target market, which will hopefully be popular due to the special traits that they have in comparison with other notebooks and to be making at least 50% of our budget ($150) in profit. As a team part of our aim is to also treat this as a new experience and to get a bit more business/management related skills.

===================

Many people around the world suffer every day, from poverty. Penury occurs nearly all over the world, penury or more widely known as "Poverty" refers to the one who lacks basic human needs which includes clean and fresh water, nutrition, health care, education, clothing and shelter. The cause of this project is to offer a lending hand to those in needs and to raise a profit in order to lend a hand in the world. We are planning to put most of our profit to a charity (which is currently not yet confirmed)

Our target audience is probably within the 15 - 25 year old range and specifically "eco-friendly" student groups.

We may encounter problems from the supplier as we are considering to order books from China.

We are required to make this product because if we are giving most of the proceeds to charity, it is an obligation to actually make a profit so that we are able to give to the charity itself rather than making an empty promise of giving to charity.

Also the product is required because in general, students need notebooks.

During the process of creating the designs and doing the project, members tend to drift aside and just delay the the whole project down. Time plays the most crucial part in the project, without knowing the time limits, team members can drift off. Meeting up with team members are helpful towards the project and are able to accomplish many goals needed to be done. Money, are the essential towards the project, team members need to know their budgets and use a reasonable amount to be able to buy enough supplies or even to profit from the project.

These things have and will affect us as a whole, dedication is not what it could be but it is improving.

We need to consider our costs and the fact that $150 is our budget and the only money we can put into this project.

Notebooks especially with binding rings can be dangerous towards younger children's and babies,they will be considered harmful towards children under the after of 8 and more likely to be suitable for ages 8-25 because of its designs, its not entirely suitable for parents or elderly people due to its design but many different people have different types of taste, so there is a possibility that an elder person can find interest in them.
Notebooks are only roughly $1-4 dollars so there wont be any warranty for them even if they are damaged and are not refundable at any circumstances.

We are going to brainstorm and deliver a bunch of ideas and plans within our team and then further take this into designs for the cover (which we have already started)

after that we are going to deliver descriptions of the product to the supplier (designs, parameters and specifications) then deliver the actual product itself by selling it to the consumer in order to make a profit.

9Project : Note Books Empty Chinese suppliers. Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:49 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

I'm just linking a bunch of options i've found through some research.

Some of these may be useful when it comes to us looking into ordering the notebooks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Project : Note Books Empty Re: Project : Note Books Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Vedrana

Admin

You guys are doing great!

Awesome work with documenting your research and design progress. Also good to see you're actively conducting surveys for feedback on how designs can be improved.

I'll be reviewing your scope statement over the weekend. Please also remember to email me final designs by tomorrow to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks Smile

11Project : Note Books Empty Design ideas Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:57 pm

beloved69

beloved69

Soo ! I made a feww !! pickk! Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12Project : Note Books Empty Design ideas Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:59 pm

beloved69

beloved69

13Project : Note Books Empty Design ideas Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:00 pm

beloved69

beloved69

14Project : Note Books Empty Design ideas Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:09 pm

beloved69

beloved69

15Project : Note Books Empty Re: Project : Note Books Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:17 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

beloved69 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nice stuff, Linh Smile

Can you choose one of those 4 as your favourite?

16Project : Note Books Empty FINAL DESIGNS AS OF THURSDAY? Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:49 am

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

(DESIGNS MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE LAST MINUTE)

What does everyone think of the designs?

I thought of this idea where the colours could be based on fruits, making them fruit flavoured cakes.

"WATERMELON FELON"

"BANANARAMA"

"POCKET CHOCOLATE"

"VANILLA THRILLA"

"GRAPE APE"

"MERRY BERRY"

17Project : Note Books Empty I THOUGHT OF THIS AWESOME IDEA TOO. Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:50 am

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Give the notebooks some extra fun? =D

oh and how about Recipe's included in each notebook ;D

18Project : Note Books Empty Design ideas Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:09 am

beloved69

beloved69

I cant choose=( soooo preetyyyyy LOOOOL Surprised

19Project : Note Books Empty Design ideas Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:11 am

beloved69

beloved69

Also for the posted design you did, pretty, also abit too much but like the font should be more than one colour!!

seems too bald Cool
hahaha, test it out and see !!

20Project : Note Books Empty Just some ideas/specifications. Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:36 am

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

• Books will be either: A4 or A5 (OR BOTH!)

• Amount of pages (Estimate): 100 - 120 pages.

• No binder.

• Recycled paper.

• Different flavours featured on each book, with a scratch and sniff

• Lined paper, not blank

• include a cake recipe relating to flavour in each book?

• 80% of profit to charity?

21Project : Note Books Empty Final Designs. Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

Okay these are probably going to be the final designs. Unless someone convinces me otherwise before 11PM.

22Project : Note Books Empty Submitting Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:11 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

I'm going to submit ALL of these, just so I don't have to stress over choosing "JUST TWO" I think more varieties in colour is better but if we do have to cut it down to TWO designs only, it would be good to pick out of designs that actually got ACCEPTED because they were submitted on time Razz rather than cutting them out and then submitting and then be like "OH MAN I WISH I KEPT THAT DESIGN INSTEAD OF THIS ONE!"

Common sense! In saying that though, I hope we're allowed to submit this many... LOL

23Project : Note Books Empty Re: Project : Note Books Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:16 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson wrote:I'm going to submit ALL of these, just so I don't have to stress over choosing "JUST TWO" I think more varieties in colour is better but if we do have to cut it down to TWO designs only, it would be good to pick out of designs that actually got ACCEPTED because they were submitted on time Razz rather than cutting them out and then submitting and then be like "OH MAN I WISH I KEPT THAT DESIGN INSTEAD OF THIS ONE!"

Common sense! In saying that though, I hope we're allowed to submit this many... LOL

also~ in the event that coloured covers become way more expensive, then we'll stick to the white background ones.

24Project : Note Books Empty Comments Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Vedrana

Admin

Hey Chibi Cakes,

The designs are looking really great. It's been fun to see how they've evolved on the forum and I love the flavoured cake theme. I've shown them to Veronica and she thinks you should also include the design with the platter coming off the graffiti. But she's suggested that you should have the cupcakes from the logo on the platter. It's an idea if you'd like to work with it, otherwise the designs you have at the moment all look good and have been approved.

Now, some scope statement tips: (it's missing the product and aim section at this stage?)

Cause: (not gonna put this title in)

Many people around the world suffer every day, from poverty. Penury occurs nearly all over the world, penury or called Poverty refers to the one who lacks basic human needs which includes clean and fresh water, nutrition, health care, education, clothing and shelter. The cause of this project is to offer a lending hand to those in needs and to raise a profit in order to lend a hand in the world.

This is a good cause, but you must explain how sales from your project will be redirected to charity then. How much profit will you make? Which charities will you donate the profit to? Which countries are you targeting? Exactly how many people suffer from poverty? Be specific.

Key Limits (not the title)

During the process of creating the designs and doing the project, members tend to drift aside and just delay the the whole project down (This is waffle. Are you assuming this will happen? If so, how can your group avoid it?). Time plays the most crucial part in the project, without knowing the time limits (but you do know time limits!), team members can drift off. Meeting up with team members are helpful towards the project and are able to accomplish many goals needed to be done (what goals? Be specific). Money, are the essential towards the project, team members need to know their budgets (Be specific. What budget do you have? Do you plan to use?) and use a reasonable amount to be able to buy enough supplies or even to profit from the project. (what percentage of the budget is a 'reasonable' amount?)

Notebooks especially with binding rings can be dangerous towards younger children's and babies,they will be considered harmful towards children under the after of 8 (good) and more likely to be suitable for ages 8-25 because of its designs, its not entirely suitable for parents or elderly people due to its design but many different people have different types of taste, so maybe an elder person can find interest in them.
Notebooks are only roughly $1-4 dollars so there wont be any warranty for them even if they are damaged and are not refundable at any circumstances. (Good exclusions)

25Project : Note Books Empty Re: Project : Note Books Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:47 pm

joshua.dickinson

joshua.dickinson

Vedrana wrote:Hey Chibi Cakes,

The designs are looking really great. It's been fun to see how they've evolved on the forum and I love the flavoured cake theme. I've shown them to Veronica and she thinks you should also include the design with the platter coming off the graffiti. But she's suggested that you should have the cupcakes from the logo on the platter. It's an idea if you'd like to work with it, otherwise the designs you have at the moment all look good and have been approved.

Now, some scope statement tips: (it's missing the product and aim section at this stage?)

Cause: (not gonna put this title in)

This is a good cause, but you must explain how sales from your project will be redirected to charity then. How much profit will you make? Which charities will you donate the profit to? Which countries are you targeting? Exactly how many people suffer from poverty? Be specific.

Key Limits (not the title)

During the process of creating the designs and doing the project, members tend to drift aside and just delay the the whole project down (This is waffle. Are you assuming this will happen? If so, how can your group avoid it?). Time plays the most crucial part in the project, without knowing the time limits (but you do know time limits!), team members can drift off. Meeting up with team members are helpful towards the project and are able to accomplish many goals needed to be done (what goals? Be specific). Money, are the essential towards the project, team members need to know their budgets (Be specific. What budget do you have? Do you plan to use?) and use a reasonable amount to be able to buy enough supplies or even to profit from the project. (what percentage of the budget is a 'reasonable' amount?)

Notebooks especially with binding rings can be dangerous towards younger children's and babies,they will be considered harmful towards children under the after of 8 (good) and more likely to be suitable for ages 8-25 because of its designs, its not entirely suitable for parents or elderly people due to its design but many different people have different types of taste, so maybe an elder person can find interest in them.
Notebooks are only roughly $1-4 dollars so there wont be any warranty for them even if they are damaged and are not refundable at any circumstances. (Good exclusions)

I did product and aim... but I didn't give them those headings because I thought we weren't supposed to.

The entire draft was back on page one.

-------------------------------------------

What we are going to produce as our product is a bunch of notebooks with options of various designs (designed by our team) on the covers of the books. We are going to preferably look for lined notebooks with about 100+ pages, recycled paper and A4 sized or possibly even a variety of sizes and styles.

We are seeking to sell our notebook designs to our target market, which will hopefully be popular due to the special traits that they have in comparison with other notebooks and to be making at least 50% of our budget ($150) in profit. As a team part of our aim is to also treat this as a new experience and to get a bit more business/management related skills.

===================

Many people around the world suffer every day, from poverty. Penury occurs nearly all over the world, penury or more widely known as "Poverty" refers to the one who lacks basic human needs which includes clean and fresh water, nutrition, health care, education, clothing and shelter. The cause of this project is to offer a lending hand to those in needs and to raise a profit in order to lend a hand in the world. We are planning to put most of our profit to a charity (which is currently not yet confirmed)

Our target audience is probably within the 15 - 25 year old range and specifically "eco-friendly" student groups.

We may encounter problems from the supplier as we are considering to order books from China.

We are required to make this product because if we are giving most of the proceeds to charity, it is an obligation to actually make a profit so that we are able to give to the charity itself rather than making an empty promise of giving to charity.

Also the product is required because in general, students need notebooks.

These things have and will affect us as a whole, dedication is not what it could be but it is improving.

We need to consider our costs and the fact that $150 is our budget and the only money we can put into this project.

Notebooks especially with binding rings can be dangerous towards younger children's and babies,they will be considered harmful towards children under the after of 8 and more likely to be suitable for ages 8-25 because of its designs, its not entirely suitable for parents or elderly people due to its design but many different people have different types of taste, so there is a possibility that an elder person can find interest in them.

We are going to brainstorm and deliver a bunch of ideas and plans within our team and then further take this into designs for the cover (which we have already started)

after that we are going to deliver descriptions of the product to the supplier (designs, parameters and specifications) then deliver the actual product itself by selling it to the consumer in order to make a profit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum