BUS1905
Please log on to join the discussions Smile

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BUS1905
Please log on to join the discussions Smile
BUS1905
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BUS1905

Small Project Management

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project : T-Shirts

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Project : T-Shirts Empty Project : T-Shirts Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:10 am

Andre 4192

Team Members:

Monica Kristy (4124)
Sue SooHyun Park (4158)
Myeong 'Ju' Lee (4112)
Andre Sutrisno (4192)

Last edited by Veronica on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Ju not Jun)

2Project : T-Shirts Empty 4124 Monica Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Monica Kristy

hi

3Project : T-Shirts Empty The Cereal Killer's Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm

Monica Kristy

Was just testing before,

Here were the 1st rough concepts for a logo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4Project : T-Shirts Empty The Cereal Killer's Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Monica Kristy

More simplified idea's in photoshop, pls send your's too if possible or we can just choose one from here if it looks relative...

Smile

5Project : T-Shirts Empty The Cereal Killer's Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Monica Kristy

Some pricing info,

Right next to the A.I.T college is a shirt printing company, but for now it can be a back up plan,
shirt plus colour print inc $14.

I think we should aim for $8 tops for shirts and prints, lets see how we go.

business is in the image below...

6Project : T-Shirts Empty The Cereal Killers Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Monica Kristy

TRANSFERS

7Project : T-Shirts Empty The Cereal Killers Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Monica Kristy

Hi,

I am curious who came up with the name "cereal killer's"

I'm sorry I was away,
I feel it's important for all of us to clearly understand our market and all aspect's of branding it. It may also help to reflect a steady message. For now I have the impression from our name that we will design either- a funky horror theme, influenced art creation's from famous killer movies/music bands or a type of psycho comedy genre design with eye catching humour for our shirt's as it's in harmony with our company name belief or mission statement Question Question Question Rolling Eyes Shocked Very Happy .

(or it is just a logo and we move to next stage)

Also that this group market exist's large enough that we know how to reach them in our short time frame. Therefore the logo name or its appearance helps us, maybe. I will talk to you in class tomorrow so we can start fast tracking our market strategies.

And if any other idea that better suit company logo, let's finalise the base concepts tomorrow and move on albino

8Project : T-Shirts Empty hihihi Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:19 am

myeong ju

Monica Kristy wrote:hi
hihihihi Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

9Project : T-Shirts Empty Re: Project : T-Shirts Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:11 am

Soohyun Park

Hi~ Cool Cool

10Project : T-Shirts Empty The Cereal Killers Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:38 am

Monica Kristy

Cool,

So we will change to bags, using the powerpuff girls for idea's. The cereal killers is to express a sense of comedy Very Happy

We now work on our PACKED scope statement.

Thanx !!

11Project : T-Shirts Empty The Cereal killers Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Soohyun Park

Hi guys~
this is my logo design!!
this three sculls represent us ! haha Cool Cool

12Project : T-Shirts Empty Comments Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:14 pm

Vedrana

Admin

Hi Cereal Killers,

Great work with your documentation on the forum. The logos are also looking really good!

This is a reminder that your draft Scope Statement is due tomorrow. It should be posted here on the forum as a reply to your group thread, so you can get feedback by beginning of next week. Your final designs are also due tomorrow. Please email them to me: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Your first assessment task, the Project Proposal, is due next Friday 3rd of August. It consists of your 1. final Scope Statement, 2. checked-off designs, 3. WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and 4. KPI (Key Performance Indicators). This will be a JIVI submission in PDF format named after your team and followed by your student IDs (e.g. LOLLYPOP_SHIRTS_4356_6768_9871).

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here on the forum or shoot me an email.

Thanks!

Vee

13Project : T-Shirts Empty The Ceral Killers- Bag Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:59 am

Monica Kristy

Hi guy's,
I was trying to come up with this idea we can possibly use for the bag's. If our design's match we can choose 1 each of ours to put into our logo together, or this can be just one of the design concepts for the bags.
Taking note that This in not out FONT!!! I just wrote anything top see what it look like. I leave it to you Myeong Wink

I really like your idea of the three girls with a spoon milk and knife, I drew a sample of your concept. Also taking in mind we can change the color's and it can't be identical to the original powerpuffs.

Have we found any funny captions we can use?

14Project : T-Shirts Empty The Cereal Killers Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:27 am

Soohyun Park

Final Design and logo,

Now for the packed statement

15Project : T-Shirts Empty Re: Project : T-Shirts Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:48 am

myeong ju

i found the website to sell eco-bag.
i tried to posted that pictures but i cant Sad
today i send a email to them.(the price, they can put our desing on bag etc..)
monday i will upload the pictures. Smile

but!!
website address is
eco- bag
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

shopping bag
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Project : T-Shirts Empty Scope Statement Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:08 pm

Monica Kristy

The Cereal Killer's Bag Project Proposal
Product Service Performance Competition Event
We will sell bags which will include simple art (a similar impersonation of the power puff girls) and a caption quotes for a sense of humor. It will be for young adults 17-35. Main focus is to individual's with a design nature e.g. Design Student's and People of art influenced lives. Areas of interest is A.I.T campus, Newtown and possible Bondi Markets. Industry is Eco-bags. Our competitors are other A.I.T students with similar aim's and small business who sell small goods in markets at a competitive price. Next week I will trial making a bag from scratch and how long it takes, otherwise it involves shipping and handling. We will transfer the images onto the bags ourselves.

Our goals and Objectives
Our goal is to make 25 bags at $10-15 each establishing fair quality and price. The customer will feel satisfied after a purchase and feels it is a fair product and useable more than once. We will be effective at time management and organisation skills. We will have a clear timetable calendar to indicate deadlines. In future we will learn to sell our own product from scratch learning to be competent in our own personal business start up after A.I.T. This product will make the customer feel proud showing their cute funky design.

Purpose
The reason for this choice is it aids our abilities to problem solve in design. That bag may have more use than t-shirts (because we want a happy customer who can use the product more often) we want to learn its real quality. Its design is based on what younger people enjoy looking at, It has a little anime influence (because it is a growing industry in Australia). Design is kept simple to keep in a realistic timeframe for this subject because ideas can take time and printing can have issues with to much detail and colour. This will be a opportunity to understand how an idea becomes money, in order for this everything must work from design appearance (looking relative for the audience) to deadlines (having the bag and design ready for sale and sold by due date) Problems may be, people don't want or need such a product (we must understand it's use e.g.. Perfect for quiet stroll's and you hold your towel and sandals or suncream and wallet. A bag for all causal occasions.) Pricing must be relative, so we wanted an eye catching colour popping appearance. Time constraints as we have only this semester and x amount of time for the subject. Problem also with the cost, is $10 $15 buyable for echo friendly bags. (We will survey at A.I.T)

Parameters and helpful skills
In our team together we have Face to face sales and the use of Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of popular design people buy on material through surveys at the laundry where a member works. We have access to all digital communication's so we can find our price estimation's and research. We already know for now Office works sells the transfer's and Printers can also aid our requirements (can print to shirt or bags or transfers) We will need a iron, transfers and bags (Maybe fabric if hand made) and we must find contact details of a market place, (which means we need a table and sign) We will work in either Newtown, A.I.T or Boni and Manly street markets. Sue will be in charge of finance and connections, Myeung will be Marketing Design's and research and Monica in project managing members and deadlines. The budget is $150 and we plan to make $100 profit.

What we can not rely on.
What we don't have is special friends in special places. Previous experience. Freedom to choose any idea as a product. It will be a cheap product, so we must budget well. Transfer's do not wash well.

Make or break
Our main steps to having our project successful will be an effective management time line inc WBS and KPI. Effective Management in our delegated roles. Not afraid to always ask for help a.s.a.p. The others steps will include finding the best deal for bag's and survey our design and collect response into work charts. Acting quick ensuring a stall or sale before other people sell their product's (People can only buy so much so first in best dressed) Completion of task!!! and a final report of statistic filled because if it is a desirable product, it will be worth re-investing or selling the idea for next time, the report will show proof. The product will be tested for durability and washed to see what care instruction the customers needs informing about.

17Project : T-Shirts Empty Comments Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Vedrana

Admin

The Cereal Killer's Bag Project Proposal
Product Service Performance Competition Event
We will sell bags which will include simple art (a similar impersonation of the power puff girls) and a caption quotes for a sense of humor. It will be for young adults 17-35 (males and females?). Main focus is to individual's with a design nature e.g. Design Student's and People of art influenced lives. Areas of interest is A.I.T campus, Newtown and possible Bondi Markets. Industry is Eco-bags. Our competitors are other A.I.T students with similar aim's and small business who sell small goods in markets at a competitive price. Next week I will trial making a bag from scratch and how long it takes, otherwise it involves shipping and handling. We will transfer the images onto the bags ourselves. (How? Via heat-press prints? Stickers? Sewed designs?)

Our goals and Objectives
Our goal is to make 25 bags at $10-15 each establishing fair quality and price. The customer will feel satisfied after a purchase and feels it is a fair product and useable more than once. We will be effective at time management and organisation skills. We will have a clear timetable calendar to indicate deadlines. In future we will learn to sell our own product from scratch learning to be competent in our own personal business start up after A.I.T. This product will make the customer feel proud showing their cute funky design.

Purpose
The reason for this choice is it aids our abilities to problem solve in design. That bag may have more use than t-shirts (because we want a happy customer who can use the product more often) we want to learn its real quality. Its design is based on what younger people enjoy looking at, It has a little anime influence (because it is a growing industry in Australia). Design is kept simple to keep in a realistic timeframe for this subject because ideas can take time and printing can have issues with to much detail and colour. This will be a opportunity to understand how an idea becomes money, in order for this everything must work from design appearance (looking relative for the audience) to deadlines (having the bag and design ready for sale and sold by due date) Problems may be, people don't want or need such a product (we must understand it's use e.g.. Perfect for quiet stroll's and you hold your towel and sandals or suncream and wallet. A bag for all causal occasions.) Pricing must be relative, so we wanted an eye catching colour popping appearance. Time constraints as we have only this semester and x amount of time for the subject. Problem also with the cost, is $10 $15 buyable for echo friendly bags. (We will survey at A.I.T)
This paragraph is a little too long - stick to the most relevant information. Maybe needs to be broken down and restructured

Parameters and helpful skills
In our team together we have Face to face sales and the use of Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of popular design people buy on material through surveys at the laundry where a member works (What kind of surveys have been conducted? Need to include these in appendix). We have access to all digital communication's so we can find our price estimation's and research. We already know for now Office works sells the transfer's and Printers can also aid our requirements (can print to shirt or bags or transfers) We will need a iron, transfers and bags (Maybe fabric if hand made) and we must find contact details of a market place, (which means we need a table and sign) We will work in either Newtown, A.I.T or Boni and Manly street markets. Sue will be in charge of finance and connections, Myeung will be Marketing Design's and research and Monica in project managing members and deadlines. The budget is $150 and we plan to make $100 profit. (good)

What we can not rely on.
What we don't have is special friends in special places (what does this mean?). Previous experience. Freedom to choose any idea as a product. It will be a cheap product, so we must budget well. Transfer's do not wash well. (How will you overcome these issues? E.g. if your product is not machine washable, maybe you want to include a label or warning which states this)

Make or break
Our main steps to having our project successful will be an effective management time line inc WBS and KPI. Effective Management in our delegated roles. Not afraid to always ask for help a.s.a.p. The others steps will include finding the best deal for bag's and survey our design and collect response into work charts. Acting quick ensuring a stall or sale before other people sell their product's (People can only buy so much so first in best dressed) Completion of task!!! and a final report of statistic filled because if it is a desirable product, it will be worth re-investing or selling the idea for next time, the report will show proof. The product will be tested for durability and washed to see what care instruction the customers needs informing about.

Good work but information is bit scattered - you need to structure it so it's clear where you can find what info. It helps to have more specific subheadings, like 'objectives' and 'key dates' instead of 'make or break'. Also, good idea to include specific dates for your deliverables. Apart from this, you guys are on a roll. Keep up the great work.

18Project : T-Shirts Empty Cereal Killers Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:05 pm

Monica Kristy

Hi group, this is the email I received from out teachers, can u have some idea ready before fridays task is due, Thanks Smile

read below- Ref to e-mail logo designs e.c.t

.(((............Thanks for sending this through. Here's some feedback from myself and Veronica: you need to smooth out the lines so they are all clear and have a consistent thickness. It's also a good idea to use colours from the same tonal range i.e. the green looks more fluoro while the pink is darker. Vero also suggests that the design can be simplified if some of the curves are taken out of lines in the legs, arms and dresses.

As for the logo, the draft in the forum designed by Monika looks better because it's much clearer, even if it is smaller than the submitted one. The hole-punched logo design doesn't really fit the Cereal Killers theme and does not look as professional.

I hope you find this advice useful. Feel free to contact me via email or talk to me in class if you have any questions or issues.

Best wishes, .................)))

Vee

19Project : T-Shirts Empty size Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 am

myeong ju

size 28*28*7(cm)

price $ 2.50

Korea web site. there are no pattern we can but 20bags
today i going to send a e-mail to them. ( how much we have to pay a shipping charge, when we get it )
i think a shipping charge is $30

20Project : T-Shirts Empty Last minute idea for young funky designers Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:30 pm

Monica Kristy

Talking about power puff girls and how they are a nice and simple idea,,I remember growing up the kids loved mr men stories, e.g., img below

21Project : T-Shirts Empty Re: Project : T-Shirts Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Monica Kristy

And then I though of the modern version of in todays world....humm well, sort of, but it's not for young kid stories,,,,
Young designer TOKIDOKI e.g. img

22Project : T-Shirts Empty Re: Project : T-Shirts Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Monica Kristy

These simply idea are like power puff, but very popular with young designer and young Adults,,

Meyeong, can you try mix up the idea's, Maybe even a skateboarder look

Try get some made images of your own for tomorrow's class so we can narrow the search down, Finished Idea's even greater!!!!

C U GUYS 2moz Very Happy

23Project : T-Shirts Empty re: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:29 pm

Soohyun Park

this image so cute~
we can change our design like this way~ bounce bounce

24Project : T-Shirts Empty Re: Project : T-Shirts Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:13 pm

myeong ju

oh i know this one. i also like that. i will try to make !!!

25Project : T-Shirts Empty re: The Cereal Killers Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Soohyun Park

Males and females?
The main target is 17-35 years old females.

How? Via heat-press prints? Stickers? Sewed designs?
We will transfer the image onto the bags via heat-press prints

What kind of surveys have been conducted?
One of our member working at laundry so she surveyed her customers.
(add survey tables)

How will you overcome these issues?
We will gonna include a warning label on the bag.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum